Artists are invited to submit works for exhibition alongside members of the Royal Society of British Artists at their Annual Exhibition 2018. The submission deadline is Friday, 8th December 2017 (12 noon).
- De Laszlo Foundation Prize – The de Laszlo Medal and £1,500 will be awarded to the artist aged 35 or under for the best art work from life.
- NEW Nathan David Award for Sculpture – £150
- NEW The Stuart Southall Print Prize – £250
- Artist Magazine Award – The winner will be interviewed in The Artist magazine, print and digital editions
- The Davison Award for Oil Painting – £100
- Dry Red Press Award – The winning work will be published as a greeting card in the Dry Red Press ‘Prize Winners’ range, with royalties from the sale of the cards going to the artist
- Frinton Frames Award – £200 of picture framing at Frinton Frames bespoke hand-finished picture frame makers
- The Geoffrey Vivis Memorial Award – £100
- The Gordon Hulson Memorial Prize for Draughtsmanship, Variety & Exploration: £200
- Michael Harding Awards – Two awards of £500 worth of Michael Harding art materials, and 10 painting starter sets
- Winsor & Newton Painting Award – Art materials to the value of £500
- Hahnemuhle Fine Art UK Award – A prize of artist paper, worth £250
Any medium including sculpture and original prints. (Work must not have been exhibited previously.).
£15 per work at the time of submitting (£10 per work for artists aged 35 or under). All work must be submitted online and can be uploaded here: http://mallgalleries.oess.uk/. Any artist over the age of 18 may submit. A maximum of six works should be submitted, three of which can be original framed prints. Paintings should be completely dry at the time of delivery. Artists sending work from abroad must use a picture carrier (i.e. Picture Post – email [email protected])
- Check mallgalleries.oess.uk on Friday 15 December, from 12 noon, to verify whether your work has been pre-selected.
- If it has, deliver your work on Saturday 20 January 2018, 10am – 5pm, to Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD.
- Check mallgalleries.org.uk on Tuesday 23 January, from 12 noon, to verify whether your work has been accepted to the exhibition.
- If unaccepted, please collect your work from Mall Galleries, 17 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5BD on Thursday 25 January, 10am – 5pm.
Exhibition open: Wednesday 21 March, 10am – 5pm
Exhibition closes: Saturday 31 March, 5pm
Collection of unsold work: Friday 6 April, 10am – 5pm
For any further details, visit the gallery website: mallgalleries.org.uk
[Credits: mallgalleries.org.uk; Federation of British Artists]