Offering budding artists and cultural enthusiasts the chance to immerse themselves in the wealth of Dutch art, specialist tour operator Karo Voyage is launching a series of workshop-based holidays, beginning in May 2019. Led by professional art teachers and artists, the tours will explore the relationship between the Dutch landscape and the art it inspired, giving participants the chance to follow in the footsteps of artists such as Rembrandt and Monet.
The Netherlands is home to one of the world’s richest art cultures, showcased in world-class museums, galleries and private estates. Taking in the breadth of Dutch art history, Karo Voyage will guide participants around key highlights, including the museums of Amsterdam and the splendour of The Hague, as well as a selection of beautiful gardens and some of the country’s finest landscapes. Each day of the tour will include a site-specific workshop intended to encourage participants to develop their own artistic style. Experiences on offer include an etching workshop in Rembrandt’s House Museum, a drawing workshop surrounded by the windmills and wooden houses of the traditional Zaanse landscape, and a painting workshop in the Singer Museum.
Designed to appeal to both artistic novices and experienced amateurs, Karo Voyage’s workshops are run by a team of top Dutch art teachers, each of whom has spent many years developing their own artistic practice. Participants taking part in a test weekend in September 2018 enjoyed the “relaxed” style in which the teachers approached the workshops, noting that they were able to convey numerous “tips, tricks and insights” in a “fun way”. Also impressive was the variety of experiences on offer, the attention to detail and the quality of the food.
In short, Karo Voyage offers a complete package, where everything is taken care of, and participants are free to explore their creativity, immersing themselves in a fusion of landscape and art.
Upcoming Tour Dates:
8-15 May, 2019 12-19 June, 2019 11-18 September, 2019
Karo Voyage is a specialist, art-focused tour company based in Amstelveen, just outside Amsterdam.
* The company’s art tours are each limited to a total of 14 participants.
* Each tour lasts for 8 days.
* Tour workshops are designed to appeal to all artistic levels, from complete novices to experienced artists looking to develop new techniques and work in unique settings.
* See insightful testimonials from participants available on the company website: https://karovoyage.com
* The first full tour will run in May 2019.
* Bookings can be made by individuals, couples, families and groups of friends.
* Transfers to and from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS), accommodation in specially selected hotels, daily breakfast, seven dinners (each with two drinks) in fine restaurants, and six light lunches are all included in the tour fee, as well as all workshops and entrance to the museums and National Park visited.
* The fee for an 8 day tour is €2950 per person, based on two people sharing a room. There is a supplement of €410 for single rooms.